Monday, February 02, 2009

Rice Crispy Peanut Butter Balls

Here's a new one that everyone in the family enjoyed (from age 3 to 43).
Believe it or not, this recipe came from my daughter's Seventeen Magazine!

Rice Crispy Peanut Butter Balls

3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup extra crunchy peanut butter
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme like Fluff brand.

Mix ingredients together. Form 1-1/2 inch balls and place on a wax-papered cookie sheet. Refrigerate for one hour.

We modified the recipe a bit. I only had smooth peanut butter, so I added about 1/2 cup of dry roasted peanuts to add more crunch. Instead of peanut butter chips, we used chocolate chips.
They went fast!

This would be an especially good one for the summer or for kids to fix themselves, because it was easy, fun, and no cooking is needed.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

3 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Then let's see if we can find more oatmeal recipes!! (I just found your comment, ha ha--hadn't set up the email alert feature yet) I have an oatmeal cookie recipe that is out of this world good, even if it's a little crisp (ask me how I know that, ha ha).

Unknown said...

sounds like fun...definitely have to check it.

aldrejen said...

Thank you so much for this post! I got this recipe out of Seventeen magazine as well but misplaced it. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it on their website anymore. Thanks to google I found your site though. For anyone who hasn't tried this recipe, you are missing out! Thanks again!