Monday, July 23, 2012

Campfire Stew Recipe

This recipe dates back in my family to at least the 1970s, maybe even earlier.
Back in those days, this was an inexpensive dish, but soup prices are much higher nowadays. Still, I can feed 4-5 people for less than $1 per serving.
I'm surprised I didn't think to put this in the blog until today. This one is sooo simple, yet very good!
The only bad thing I can say about it is that it is a very unattractive dish. But it tastes good & it is indeed quick AND easy!
1 lb ground beef ( lean is best )
1 onion, chopped
2 cans of Campbell's Vegetable beef soup
Brown the ground beef  & chop it into small pieces then add chopped onion and mix well over medium heat. Add contents of the 2 cans of soup. You don't add water, except you may want to add up to 1/2 cup of water just for consistency as needed.
Heat through. Serve in bowls.

No comments: